dimanche 17 juin 2007

State of Emergency

in process

sneak

love that cut side ;)
too bad you can't see the swaroski sparkling, it gives a real 3 D dimension to this piece ;)
thanks to Violet for the wonderful stickers of glittering butterflies and dragonflies:)
state of emergency close up

emergency

state of emergency

mixed media painting: 55x46 cm on canvas.My biggest painting ever and the first time I dare use a canvas for a painting portrait ;)
I'm getting bold ;)

inspire by Bjork song, Joga but not only ... ;-)

Each contact with a human being is so rare, so precious, one should preserve it.
Anais Nin

Each friend represents a world in us, a world not born until they arrive, and it is only by this meeting that a new world is born.
Anais Nin

I will be working on something inspired by these quotes next time:)

D list ... sighs...

1)Dear, dearest...Love these small words, it does not mean much but for me it's sweet to hear when it's sincere and when someone think you are dear to their heart or when someone is dear to my heart it's so sweet
I think also out of enthusiasm and kindness towards sisters I might say it when it's just because they are sweet to me, it s a friendly way to talk to them...I should be careful maybe?

2)dandelion, the one to make wishes :)
let's make wishes!!!

3)daughter, one of my dream...I really want to have a daughter.I have always imagine her/them, I wonder how she/they will if/when I have them :)

4)desideratum, love the word, reminds me a song by fiona apple


this one :)I adored singing when I was not feeling accept when I was younger.


she rocks really!
I adore her jazzy vibes, she's a great musician ,singer and songwriter but I am not sure if the personality really attracts me sometimes

5)distance... it can hurt most of the time but I have often manage to love in the distance, most of my past lovers were penpals, seb was a penpal too first & he was the one meant to stay for ever...he does not write me letter anymore though , I miss that sometimes because this way maybe we shared more of our inner worlds ;)

6)dragon...tori amos song



7)dream ...of course, I love the ones at night ,remind them most of the time, can control them pretty often, which is much fun, I have lots of weird dreams,sometimes very mystic revealing ones, some inspire my art not only consciously...

8) darkness , a part of this world, a part of life, a part of us

9)dead, I respect the dead,sometimes talk to them in dreams ,in my mind, through art
I have a weird connection to death... I reject it a lot as It's still difficult to accept though it's a part of human existance, and yet I often feel pretty close to the dead,I walk through this garden, to remember, to connect, to infuse life back with love ,art,poetry, I dont know, it's something not easy to explain and it's getting late now

10)decay, the beautiful decay, some poetic metaphore, some touching images,pictures...

2 commentaires:

Marie a dit…

Your women are breathtakingly beautiful. I actually said "wow" outloud and my girls wondered why. Helene, you are so talented! I can't wait for your store to be up and running!

I agree with what you said about visiting other people's blogs. I wish there were more time in a day to visit and get to know them well. I think we'd find we were all more alike than different. Again, thanks for the advice today...it was a good day because I looked at things from a different perspective....faery dreams

xxxxx a dit…

As I said on your Flickr, I love love this collage. So beautiful. I can't wait to see what the two Anaïs Nin quotes will inspire you to create. Have you read her yet? We have a lot of musical tastes in common! (I like Fiona Apple too). Have you heard the new Björk? I haven't yet but can't wait to get it.
As for darkness, yes..., there can't be light without it.