mardi 8 mai 2007

burn the pedestal burn the witch

It's really kind of weird how people seem to need to cut and burn their Gods/Godesses...
you know they put them in pedestal to then make them fall and yell, be freely mean because they do expect something from them.

It's weird.

I understand expecting from the ones we admire and cherish but can we also remember they are human beings too and they won't always do something that will match our philosophy that will be pleasant to our eyes or ears.

disapointment, where does it comes from?
I think people should perhaps take their responsibility in this...when you are disapointed in an artist (musician,singer,painter,writer...or just a friend)it's because you may have waited for too much, or idealized way too much and also that you finally make them just be a reflection of you and your thoughts , an echo or a prolongation of who you are, when you have to accept their evolution,changes,eccentricities,flaws or bullshits...

perfection is boring and it's great to be surprised, to be taken to some new aspects of an artist.
not loving is always okay, but spreading toxic and useless comments full of bitter hatred is really confusing and kinda sad I'd say...

It's amazing how people also need to hate you when you sell, when you exist and get fans etc.
They need to find the little details that can make people doubt you're real
Find the little aspects of your personality that could show you're faking it or just not sane whatever!

I don't mind not agreeing with the artist you admire, I do not agree with all the artists I love, I don't just drink their every word, I sip softly and analyze, to bring my own thoughts of this and everyone would be freer and more detached to do so...

I hate the words fans for this, it's so confusing and dangerous.
Most of the time Fans don't love you for who you are but they make up an ideal of who you are, they make an altar of you,an image of you that is not the real essence of you but their interpretations.

I love tori amos. I don't agree with all she says though I relate a lot to her philosophy and I feel close to her mind map, I've been hanging there too...

I am quite disturb to read so violent comments at her in some places in the net and people slamming her because her songs aren't so melancholly dark and depressive as it used to be...
and then they can say she's fake?

it would have been fake to write about depression when she's so happy to be a mother and that her life has a lot of good sides for sure.
but she has fight for this, she has worked for this and has been rejected so many times.

I guess it's her deep trust that made her never really abandon herself and for this I do admire her.
I do trust my soul this way, I will never abandon myself even if I never make a living with my art, I have this Passion,it's mine and it is the way I live and that has not price !

As for calling tori a sexist well I don't know where people find that.
I think she is a feminist, a strong women, that is close to The Feminine,that is connected to other sisters & she's maybe more interested in the Feminine strength because she is a woman and that's where she's from,what she's standing for, seeing how many guys friends she has I bet she's far from sexist!

I always remember men talking loud at me or being agressive with words to me just because I was a woman who wasn't ashamed of being smart, no ugly and real/frank...
some guys don't enjoy searching women who have answers to their questions, who understand or try to dig deeper...I have never understood that anger of men facing girls/women like us, but you did feel it didn't you?

2 commentaires:

Anonyme a dit…

You have such a beautiful way with words...Your opening line about burning our goddesses is so true...why do we humans do that? I also like your attitde of: "I don't just drink their every word, I sip softly and analyze, to bring my own thoughts of this and everyone would be freer and more detached to do so..." It is advice I deserve to remind myself of often. I appreciate your reflective comments every day. You are not only gifted as an artist, but with words too...take care, and it's nice to hear from you...

Jen a dit…

yes...I have felt it.

and I think women are guilty of doing this sometimes too...

to their sisters and maybe to their brothers...

have women "accepted" men to be a certain stereotype...not believing in them to be more faceted...
and not encouraged more...

all people need to stand up and be all of themselves and make it known that all people have the potential to be multifaceted...and let there be tolerance for all...if truly one person is always one personality...so to speak...if that is the truth...so be it...only we each know ourselves enought to find ourselves again...but we need to watch out not to treat someone (even a man) in ways that make it less likely he will be open to being all that he has but fears to show perhaps...from cultural conditioning and false "beliefs"...

hope to get to emails too...but tomorrow looks busy..:(
oooh, don't want to end with that..

: ) !!!!!